Saturday 28 April 2012

In the Enemy's Territory

It's a Saturday and I want a fast forward to Monday, April 30, 2012.

Last Wednesday, I don't know what got into me when I hurriedly went to my room, take my laptop and check my email and other accounts. I clicked the logo of GMA-7 in Jobstreet first thing when I got connected to the internet. I applied in a job opening then after two hours I got a text from them. The next day, I am in GMA-7 having my interview with the HR and after the managers.


I just wanna share a weird statement I answered in my interview and I still can't get over it:


HR: What is your weakness Michael?


Me: LOVE? Hahahaha!


HR: Cheezy ka ha!! Hahahaha!!

It was not the typical answer you get from someone who's applying for a certain position. But it was really the first thing that popped my mind. And I'm not at all ashamed of my answer. I think for reasons I got the HR's attention. (Hahaha)

It was kinda weird to be in "the enemy's territory". I didn't imagine myself even setting foot on that station. I was a Kapamilya since I the time we first had a television set in the province. There were times when I watched GMA-7 shows but I have to say I am not really a fan. Even when I was taking up Mass Communication at FEU, I really didn't think I would be in GMA-7 at the most watching a live show in the studio.

But here I am, smarter, setting foot again on GMA-7 on Monday for my final interview with the department's Vice President. And I am excited for it. Not the normal me. I don't why but there is something that tells me this is my future. And I have to work my way up.

Whatever the outcome on Monday with my interview and hopefully they give me the exam already, I will accept. For whatever it is, this is what God is telling me to do, to go and to love.
To God Be The Glory!


Michael Foz
April 28, 2012, 10:38PM

No comments:

Post a Comment