Monday 18 June 2012

Love Letter to God


 Dear God,

Hi! Talking to you ain't new to me coz I talk to you every day and every night. Tonight, I decided to write you a love letter for the first time. I hope it reaches.


I was a bad kid.

As a child I was selfish and rude. I didn't like people telling me to do things I didn't like to do. I hate it when they make me feel bad about my faults and my failures. I hated when they laugh at me or when they're rude to me. I hate it when I didn't get things I wanted to have. I hate it when things don't go my way. I've gotten the feeling that people are too judgmental and inconsiderate. I have a lot of things to hate about my environment. I was living in a bad world. I struggled as a kid. I was not the son anyone would want to have.

But amidst all these I have struggled to become different. I turned out to be a good young man. I was not the loving kid, but I am learning to love other people as I grow up. I was not the best, but I struggle to be better. I was rude, but now I care. I have so much to hate, but now I realized I have so much to love about and so many people to love. My faith kept me intact.


I believe I have a lot of things to be proud about. On top of my list is that I am your child. I listen to your words and I get to talk to you in my prayers and in my lone times. Secondly, because you gave me good parents and a happy family. They didn't lose hope and didn't doubt that that bad little kid would grow up to be good one day. Thirdly, you gave me good people as friends, even if I am not perfect for them, they stay and remain good to me. Fourthly, because you gave me values in life that until now strengthens me when I am weak. And lastly, because I have enough for myself, my family and the people who need me.

God, when I doubted you tested me even more. You told me to just wait a little more. When I was about to quit, you gave me a spark of hope. When I felt I was alone, I have you beside me. And when I doubted myself, you were the first to tell me to go on and believe. You were my wings when I got tired of flying. You were my hands when I didn't have the urge to write and to help. You were my feet when I didn't feel like running. You were the best of me when I was the worst of me.


It's been 23 years now and the most important gift ever given to me by anyone is the gift of life guided by you. And that alone I say THANK YOU.


And like love letters I end this letter with I LOVE YOU.


Michael Foz
June 18, 2012 10:10PM


No comments:

Post a Comment