Saturday 24 March 2012

Status Update

Have you posted?

Showbiz Inside Report (Entertainment Talkshow of ABS-CBN) tackled an interesting and timely topic a while ago on their episode. It is no surprise to many that Twitter and Facebook have become more than just a Social Networking Site. What seems to be interesting is how well social media has become a necessity even for the ordinary Juan dela Cruz.

(Photo: Credit to owner)

What did Anne Curtis, Angel Locsin and Vice Ganda tweet today? Is it traffic in EDSA @MMDA? How about the weather Kuya Kim? Is Derek Ramsay transferring to TV5? Is it true that Showtime's a big noontime flop? So many questions for almost every Juan and organization. Ask Juan and he'll answer. He's very much updated. What gets my attention is how these celebrities and fans react to every question and to every opinion they're getting.

Twitter: my new newspaper.

I like twitter. I like how it works. I get to the point of spending all day looking at tweets from the artists I follow and can spend all day ranting and talking about random things. I tweet because I want to be connected to my friends and to the world.

I like to share that I was blocked by 2 celebrities now, RG and KD. (Hahaha!) I told RG that her report was a pickup from another stations report and it was my research. Then with KD, I told her that she shouldn't think of herself as god in her field because there are better newscasters around who are really good at what they do, not to mention they aren't bitches like her. So there, my next tweet to them I learned I was blocked. (Hahahaha!) I was just expressing my opinion. I thought RG was guilty and KD was really pissed by my rude words (well she was rude too. ganti lang.)

It's all in our definitions and perspectives on things and situations. I can be good in twitter but I can be really rude. It's freedom of expression I believe yet I also know that it has limitations. I am no stupid basher on twitter like most fans are. I like to say that these people are bobo! Or in Iza Calsado's term "mga kulang sa edukasyon". But not just the fans.even artists tend to be stupid.

I don't want to name names of those artists but they really are. Review their tweets and you'll know what kind of intelligence and values they have. Some are really JUST beautiful stupid creatures.

Social media builds better communication and relationships so we should use it to our advantage. We need not destroy its purpose and most importantly our values and our reputation.

At the end of the day, we define who we are by our actions and by our words.

#JustSaying

Michael Foz
March 24, 2012 / 6PM


No comments:

Post a Comment